Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Keepin' It Real / Urb Update: China Digital Holdings (STV)

My job here is to keep it real and keep hitting you with the truth. Kinda like real hip hop in my day when Public Enemy came out with the track “911 is a Joke”. So get up a get get get down 911 is a joke in your town! Well I wanted to finish posting my thoughts about the economy as I had promised in my last post. A few things have changed that will start to temper my views, however. But in honor of Public Enemy I will “keep it real” and hit you with my true assessment of how the economy and the market look at this point. When I sat down and took notes about what I was going to write it was just about the economy…and I believe it will be important to also write about the market. Because although similar the two do not necessarily go hand in hand. The economy represents the REAL, the everyday real time stuff that going on today. Houses being foreclosed on is REAL, prices of copper (and people beginning to steal copper from construction sites) is REAL, the price of gas is very REAL. And the market is based many times on Interpretation…you often have to ask yourself what do I think is going to happen to the market or this stock and how did I just interpret data or information provided by the market, or Ben Bernanke (Federal Reserve Chairman) or the chief executive of the corporation that I own. So stayed tuned for that because I just remember that my views on the economy haven’t changed… but with an emergency rate cut of .75%, and now another rate cut of .50% begins to change my views on certain segments of the stock market.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URBANOMICS UPDATE: SELL CHINA DIGITAL HOLDINGS (NYSE: STV)

For the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks I have bought and sold STV for more than 5%! I told you that I have just begun the art of reading charts and the charts don’t lie. I used to laugh at those commercials that promise to make you a chart reading pro, and even though I still think that they are a bunch of bulls$#@!, I am beginning to understand the rewards of chart reading. URB REAL LIFE EXAMPLE: My most recent example is based on my recommendation, I told you that my price point for STV was $21.50. STV fell to my targets and I received an alert yesterday to determine if I wanted to buy the stock again for the 3rd TIME! So I watched in and decided to get in YESTERDAY (1/30/08) @ $21.25. STV is up almost 10% today and I will place a limit order to sell the stock somewhere above $23.25. I will reflect this sell in my stock tracker also. And again if STV hits my target I will buy it for the 4th time and attempt to pick it up in my stock tracker also…so that you can see that multiple roundtrip buy and sell orders can be made on this stock.

Enjoy!!!

~J. Gotti

No comments: