Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Smile, You Just Made My Day

That was the response I hoped to get today. I think I did my good deed today and on a rainy and foggy morning it made me smile. For a number of reasons, I have been smiling a lot recently and decided to share it a little. So my story goes a little something like this…I am headed to work and taking some side streets through the alley. And there is this kid that is blocking my way, I honk a few times and he doesn’t hear me, but then eventually moves to the side. Now its raining and he has no umbrella, no hat, but does have a jacket. It appears that he’s headed to the school close by and he seems like a good kid, however he had the look like he’s taking each day…one at a time. Even though, its tough it appears that he just takes it in stride. So even though I rarely carry cash, I honked once again reached into my pocket and gave him some money. Now my only words were that he shouldn’t spend it all in one place. He gave me that smile and just said thank you.

Jimmy Cayne of Bear Stearns probably feels like this kid I ran into this morning. The clouds over his company keep raining and it looks a little dark and dreary outside. He has just decided to move out of the way…and Wall Street will reward not him but the shareholders today and I believe the stock will rise. The street today is saying thank you and Bear Stearns (NYSE: BSC) is your trade of the day. I wouldn’t hold it too long because its still one of those nasty financials companies and the times haven’t turned around just yet.

No comments: