Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Bonehead of the Year Award goes to:

Me, yes yours truly. Let me share a crazy story with you. Two weekends ago I went out to downtown Chicago, right. And you all know that I drive a SUV…so I am basically gonna throw away about a ¼ of a tank making the haul back and forth. After a great night at Funky Buddha Lounge, one of the tighter clubs in Chicago, I eventually made my way home. And of course the weekend includes trying to sleep in until my phone wakes me up from either my friends wanting to hear about the upcoming college football games or YES I admit it I set my alarm to get up before the first big game on Saturday. So I am basically running on fumes and go to get something to eat at the 5 star Burger King establishment. Well I am in the rest of the evening watching football and making some extra change as each game finishes up. I crash for the night and get up the next day to do shopping. As you know for a guy the best place in the world to shop is Walmart, the true ONE STOP SHOP. The first thing on my to do list was to get some gas prior to shopping. But with prices being what they are nowadays, you can’t just stop anywhere you got to find the bargain, right! WRONG, I had just passed an expensive gas station when my car automatically starting slowing down and luckily I was able to turn into the local school close by. I wasn’t sure what was going on and then realized my fate…I had ran out of GAS!! So luckily a good Samaritan stopped by and drove me about a block to the gas station I had just passed. I was able to buy a 1 gallon mini tank to fill my truck. From there I pulled into the same expensive station and filled up.
J.G’s lesson of the week: Don’t Be Cheap, fill up on some gas. And this is really important because my good Samaritan had just had that incident happen to his son but unfortunately it was on the highway and if you run out of fuel and your car is going very fast you can burn your fuel pump or something like that…and it will cost you over $500 dollars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe...it is fun to hear about intelligent people making silly mistakes. It makes your story that much more enjoyable.

Kami

Anonymous said...

You move downtown and even to Chicago yet still cheap as ever. (roll my eyes) Dear God, help him. lol