Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Monday, February 07, 2022

Peloton (PTON) - Is it Going Down in the DM?

 


Investing In Yourself – Using Pillars to Build Your Core
Setting Budgets + Saving for Black Swans


How to Open My First Brokerage Account

Diversify your Life (Mind, Body, Soul, + Investments)

HOW TO SEARCH MY BLOG:
                             

                       
Get Updates to Your Email When I Create A New Post:





Also Coming Soon - a series on #HowtoInvest. People have been reaching especially after the spikes in Gamestop, AMC, and other stock to learn the basics. I self-taught myself how to invest beginning at the age of roughly 18 and have never stopped. To be a good investor and ensure you are not gambling (speculating), I'll cover (hardest parts of investing in RED):

Budgeting 101 - How to Fund Ur Investments?
Why Stocks as an Investment?
What is Ur Investment Profile + Personality?
How to Pick Stocks?
When to Buy Stocks?
How to Enter My Trade?
How Many Stocks Should I Own?
When to Sell Stocks?
Am I Speculating (Gambling)?

Peloton Interactive Inc (PTON)

I get many readers ask me the question: "What do you mean when you say Value Stocks"? Then I refer them back to my favorite analogy. I have stuck in my head, from my youth, that candy bars should be $50c. When I travel the country and have to stop at a gas station, I WILL NOT buy candy unless it's $50c. I'm stubborn like that. I'll get the king size bar only if it's $1 dollar. A value stock is when you've done your homework and know what you think it should sell for like my Reese's cups. A value investor like myself tries (key word) to only buy when I see my Reese's cups (or a stock) AT or BELOW this level. Yes, go ahead and make fun of me but I'm principled in that way. I apply the same standard to stocks. I prefer to buy when I see it on sale and have a price in mind. 

Don't believe me just watch moment: Go back and search for one of my best investments ever, Sprint. Sprint got "beat down" like they stole something, and I swooped in. When T-Mobile came calling, they offered a higher price to merge (as we say here "date" or "hook up" with) Sprint. It was truly a beautiful trade and we made lots of money. 

I think Peloton is starting to shape up the same way my Sprint trade did. This stock was once as high as $150 just a year ago. To me, Peloton is just a bike but the stock skyrocketed once it came public. It has fallen from grace to a low of $22 dollars. Like the winter olympics, you don't want a stock chart that is sloping downhill...not good.

Rumor has it companies may be sliding into their DM trying to hookup. I bought some Peloton today because it reminds me of whenever I find Reese's cups for $50c. Usually, it's a time to load up because I just don't see if often. With Peloton, I still struggle with the need for an overpriced exercise bike. I will probably need to interview some actual users to fully understand all the benefits, but I said the same thing about the Apple iPhone and many people are happy with paying for an overpriced phone. I think there is definitely a market for the "connected" use of the bike but clearly, I didn't agree with the price of the stock. I finally feel somewhat vindicated, now that the stock has cratered but it took a while to get here. Long story short, is I can see clearly now the rain is gone. And I think Pelton is worth some risk if Amazon, Apple or other suitors wanna hookup.





No comments: