Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, December 04, 2020

Stock Motivation 101 - Standing Ovation: Your 1st 10 Bagger

These are more than words, this is more than rap
This is the streets and I am the trap
Standing ovation
Standing ovation

Once upon a time, I used to grind all night (grind all night)
With that laptop screen, that was iPod white (yeeeeeah)
I'm a boss, I got Juice like the magazine (jeah)
And everyday I see CEOs like a magazine (ha ha)
Psychopathic wordplay, schizophrenic flow (flow)
I guess it's safe to say I got schizophrenic dough (daaaaamn)

Artist: Young Jeezy / Album: Thug Motivation 101 / Song: Standing Ovation

Not too long ago, I watched two rappers, Young Jeezy and Gucci Mane square off on the VERZUZ platform. For me, VERZUZ is a musical boxing ring - one artist plays/performs a song and then the next artist gets their opportunity to play a memorable track. This internet only event live streamed over 1.6M+ people watching two titans of the south battle over of the world's favorite trap rap classics. Before I segway, I want to remind people this is the power of positivity as this internet only event easily competed with the viewership of the American Music Awards and many other prime time events that week. This event showcased two talented people of color who have been at a literal cold war for over two decades and shows how growth, maturity, and time can begin to heals old wounds. Imagine the business that can be done for our people in Atlanta if these two dare to work together in the future...powerful stuff.  Shout out to Stacey Abrams for making a brief appearance during the show. She reminded us of the important work that needs to be done on the streets. Voting, changing hearts, changing lives.

I'll segway to a first ever event I've had as an investor, Collectors Universe deserves a "Standing Ovation".  Why does it deserve a standing ovation? Well when I first taught myself to begin trading stocks at the age of 17, I use to listen to my dawg, the big homie Mario Gabelli. Yes, he's on the Forbes Billionaire list, has a business school named after him, has large stakes is a shitload of companies...and most people don't know he's one of the top 1500 of billionaires. 

Over the years on CNBC, Mario would describe this almost magical feeling (in my mind) about owning an asset that increases over time to a monumental threshold called a "10 BAGGER"! This sweet utopian moment is when your investment has increased over 10 FOLD! Collectors Universe has been on an amazing tear this year and hit this unicorn status for me, for us this year. Here was the latest news that jointly cemented our legacy in history:

Collectors Universe to be Acquired by Investor Group Led by Entrepreneur and Collector Nat Turner for Approximately $700 Million.  
Note: Don't forget Steve Cohen, yes the investor who just bought the New York Mets is a part of this investment group as well.

Steve and this Nat Turner fellow ended my run but let's take a bow. Here is a nice montage to CLCT, they were a part of the family. Here is what Collectors Universe does: 



A 10 bagger means if you would have invested $1K with me it would have gone to $10K. This deal closes in in 2021. Can't wait to get into some "Good Trouble" with such a profitable investment. 

#mariogabelli #natturner #stevencohen #collectorsuniverse #10bagger #youngjeezy #stockmotivation101






No comments: