Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Monday, December 07, 2020

Stitch Fix (SFIX) -- How Your Shopping Actually Helps My Wallet

 Stitch Fix reported quarterly earnings today and they blew their expected earnings number out of the water. The online personalization shopping experiment is here to stay for now. I tiptoed into this stock probably around the middle of May 2019 and the ride has been bumpy since then.  Being that I'm a bit old school, I actually like this stock for a simple reason...if my online personalization shopper (likely a combo between a computer and real person) finds something that works for me, I joke I don't even want you to experiment...just get me one of every color of that shirt. And comfortable pair of jeans, nope don't need new ones until these are worn out. Now I'm sure their tool is way more sophisticated then that but heck as long as they don't veer too far off from what works and fits well --- I think many people will give up the department store shuffle. Clothes off rack --- race to the fitting booth ---- damn how does a size smaller fit me in this designer and I need a size bigger with a different designer. 

I think the lazy habits of us all makes this an ideal play for measure me, I try it on, once you know what works --- bingo, keep repeating that model.  So back to the reason for my post. 

Stitch Fix is UP more than 30% and it just occurred after they reported earning. SFIX was one of the few retail stocks that was a downer in my portfolio and I'm surprised to say no more. I have a healthy profit and hope you do too if you've been following and stuck with the downers in my portfolio. Little tip, these are the stocks in the last few weeks that are starting to outperform. Don't remember those names, well just click here for SFIX and my retail stocks that are now soaring:

How My Defensive Stocks Are Now on Offense

Chart Game:

And yes if you eat Red Robin, by shoes from Foot Locker, use Kohls cash, buy Coach bags, watch CBS, ready USA Today or watch your local news station --- I'm a fan of your and appreciate you.

No comments: