Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday Shopping

Isn't it funny that someone somewhere marketed the day after Thanksgiving as Black Friday. It has become the day where no one gets any sleep and we all get up and spend money selfishly. Kinda the opposite thinking for the day day before...THANKSGIVING! How many people are out there buying things to give them away to the less fortunate. Not many is what I'm guessing, but hey what do I know. But come to think of it a new GPS navigation system has been on my list for awhile and its funny that I am bullish of this industry as I think this will continue to be the trend.

I guess I am feeling like a little bit of a scrooge today because with a little bit of a rebound today in the market (its up roughly 1%) that my portfolio isn't moving in line with the market today. I even have Best Buy in my portfolio so what gives. So on a day like this when I should be shopping, I will give you my random thoughts of stock recommendations and things I've heard as I've kept my ears to the street:

E-trade (ETFC) - The rumors are this stock may be up for SALE, what the #$%$#. How is this possible, those pesky mortgages are likely the reason. Its up roughly 20% today on news that it could sell itself to TD AMERITRADE (AMTD) OR CHARLES SCHWAB (SCHW)

The retailers are making a move today, Target (T), Walmart (WMT), Kohls (KSS), Best Buy (BBY), Circuit City (C), and others are moving higher.

Urbanomics Recommendation of the Day:

I have had this one on my BUY list but I can't remember if I have ever formally recommended it here. The stock is Electro Scientific Industries (ESIO) Buy Price @ $19.47

No comments: