Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Saturday, August 14, 2021

These R The Breaks: Joby Aviation | Semi Chips | Cryptocurrency Scarface

 


Investing In Yourself – Using Pillars to Build Your Core
Setting Budgets + Saving for Black Swans


How to Open My First Brokerage Account

Diversify your Life (Mind, Body, Soul, + Investments)

HOW TO SEARCH MY BLOG:
                             

                       
Get Updates to Your Email When I Create A New Post:





Also Coming Soon - a series on #HowtoInvest. People have been reaching especially after the spikes in Gamestop, AMC, and other stock to learn the basics. I self taught myself how to invest beginning at the age of roughly 18 and have never stopped. To be a good investor and ensure you are not gambling (speculating), I'll cover (hardest parts of investing in RED):

Budgeting 101 - How to Fund Ur Investments?
Why Stocks as an Investment?
What is Ur Investment Profile + Personality?
How to Pick Stocks?
When to Buy Stocks?
How to Enter My Trade?
How Many Stocks Should I Own?
When to Sell Stocks?
Am I Speculating (Gambling)?


Joby Aviation Update (Ticker Change from RTP to JOBY)


I recently wrote about my investment in Reinvest Technology Partners (RTP). Remember that example I gave you of how people pool money together to pay for things like a vacation. Well RTP did that and invested in Joby Aviation. Joby Aviation is now a public company (similar to when a teen becomes an adult or like the corporate version of having a baby) and trades under the ticker “JOBY”. Joby went public so you and I can invest in their stock through our brokerage accounts. It is much more difficult to invest in a company when it is private. 

I won't disclose how I stumbled onto Joby as this is for subscribers, but I was happy to see some of my old friends have invested in this stock. I may have to add Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) Marc Pincus (founder Zynga) to my Mansa Musa network under my A-Billi Squad. Yes both are billionaires and I was delighted to see they were leading a group of investors that pooled money to invest in Joby Aviation. (Tip: I was an avid listener to the podcast "Masters of Scale" and really appreciate Reid's guidance on how to scale businesses)

The Breaks: The lesson here is to determine who you are as an investor. I woke up this week to a headline "Joby surges on 1st Day of Trading". I smiled like Ice Cube and began humming "Today Was A Good Day". I thought about selling my shares and cashing in on a good day but this is not my trading style (however it may be yours). But these are the breaks: After the initial hype, Joby came down to earth and is now trading under $10 dollars. For a stock like this I like to play the long game and with Uber and Toyota also being big time investors I can't wait for air taxis to hit the mainstream. It may take awhile but "Meet The Jetsons" is coming. Joby make electric air taxis that take off vertically (cool). Pros: So not noisy, cool experience and potentially a traffic reducer. I have a small loss on this investment and that's okay because for high risk - high reward investments, I only maintain a small position (roughly 1-2%) in my portfolio. We call this risk allocation and I want to take smart risks.




Palantir

Palantir just reported earnings. Earning is like when humans get an health check, however; for a public company they usually report their health check 4x a year (or every quarter). Palantir happened to report their earning this week and the stock was up big. This investment continues to be a solid perform.

Trust but Verify:


The Breaks: As you've heard me say in the past, while location matters... price matters even more. I've traded this stock 3 or 4 times  in the last year via options and it's been tremendously profitable. In my retirement account, I bought a bit high (around $28) and I'm taking a slight loss right how. I'm holding long term because they are the ultimate conspiracy theory investment. I joke people won't do the right thing, until their backs are against the wall. Take schools and mask mandates. Kids are being sent home in droves and FINALLY schools decide to reinstate mask mandates. Hmmm why stop something that's working. Because we don't want to feel like we have to live like the rest of the world --- reliant upon the reality that we need each other as a community to survive. I wear a mask for both me and you.

Palantir also reminds you of the realities of today. They store data for big government entities and promise military grade encryption in the cloud. Who could ask for anything more...except a Toyota. So they will grow as our need for data and surveillance increases by governments. Why because big brother is always watching 👀
 

Context Logic (WISH)

This is truly a speculation trade for me. I was listening to a momentum investor talk about the activity in this stock. WISH has been a great trade for me, a fling, not something I plan to hold for the long haul. But flings can hurt. 

Lesson: I try to avoid holding flings into earnings season (see definition above) because the combination of a volatile stock and not being in love with that stock can really hurt when they miss earnings (or fail a health check). I've been a tad bit distracted with a growing business and earnings just came out for WISH.

The Breaks: WISH reported horrible earning. But remember price matters. WISH suffered a drop in price of 20%, however; I'm not deep in the red because the loss from earnings was offset by the trading gains I locked in here:


So I will be trading out of this stock, because a good girl gone bad... thank you Jay Z.

Chips & Crypto: Intel, Micron, Coinbase, Circle

I might be called cryptocurrency's Scarface if I would have been an early investor in Coinbase like Nas and mad an estimated $100 Million. But I like value stocks --- stocks that trade for a discount. Remember my candy bar analogy...I only buy them when they trade for 50c. Well Intel and Micron have been on my VALUE radar. Both have been great trades for me. Intel is a value play because it's fallen from grace but still has the name recognition of an aging superstar in sports or Hollywood. Micron, is still a solid stock that seems to deliver. Both have fallen recently in the news and I plan to continue to trade around them (or date). This means, I don't think we have a long term future, like I do with Roku, but we'll be dating for the next year or so. Remember price matters, and I'm watching them closely to ensure my trades stays profitable.

Intel surprised me as it just disclosed they are investors in Coinbase, a crypto currency exchange. So as the value of COIN rises, Intel may have some growth potential that is tied to new generation technology that relies upon a massive amount of chips...too bad right the kings of chips are: Nvidia + Taiwan Semiconductor.

And last, I am an investor in Concord Acquisition Corp (CND). Like RTP and Joby, CND is raising a bunch of money to invest in Circle, a crypto currency exchange and competitor to Coinbase. This is a speculative trade but I'm hoping to be the next cryptocurrency Scarface...like Nas.

Sorry Not Sorry...Don't Mind Me I'm Living a Dream #getthebag

No comments: