Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, August 27, 2021

How To Buy - Week of 8/27: ROKU | SQQQ Hedge | Micron

 

Investing In Yourself – Using Pillars to Build Your Core
Setting Budgets + Saving for Black Swans


How to Open My First Brokerage Account

Diversify your Life (Mind, Body, Soul, + Investments)

HOW TO SEARCH MY BLOG:
                             

                       
Get Updates to Your Email When I Create A New Post:






How To Buy - Week of 8/27


I had 3 baby trades that closed this week, which put me 3 out of 3. Very small but we'll take it. You'll see some familiar friends on this list.

ROKU (ROKU) - Please search my blog for posts on Roku. When learning to trade heed this stock as a perfect example of why having a thesis and conviction is important. One day, I opened a COMCAST bill. The bill was toooo HIGH. I yelled to my wife why are we spending a mortgage on cable and internet. I did a bit of research and decided a Roku soundbar would kill 2 birds with one stone. I get a sound bar and we cut the cord. 

I wrote in this post: URBANOMICS: A Toast --- Refinance Your Future that COVID is was force of nature and the pandemic was like a recession. It made me reevaluate the services I use. Many would say I'm doing well but I still took the time to refinance and review all the things we were spending on. I eventually refinanced both of my homes AND we cut Comcast out. I had to go to AT&T kicking and screaming but my decent AT&T broadband service support our streaming habits and my growing consulting business. No fancy research just real life. This is called a tease BUT I held Roku through some rough moments and watched it flourish. If I had panicked I would have taken a big loss, now I'm sitting no a 1.5 BAGGER and we'll place guess that 5 figure number. I hope Roku goes down as one of my best trades and hits the 6 figure mark. Only time will tell:




SQQQ - A good example of how I was making a larger trade but the entire trade didn't fill. This is an income producing trade as I have a decent position hedging the markets in the event Technology stocks go down. This one is a bit complex but SQQQ is an ETF and I'm playing both sides. More to come when I do a Masterclass on leveraged ETFs.  

MICRON (MU) - Don't count Micron out yet. Simple bet, there is a semi-conductor chip shortage impacting most business. I looked at some of the weaker names in the semi sector and bet they will move of their lows. I like MU and Intel as diamonds in the rough.

No comments: