Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

GrubHub (GRUB) + Uber (UBER) --- Hookup Alert

Uber everywhere, pre-rolls in my VIP (skrr skrr) / Yup I Uber everywhere, pre-rolls in my VIP
And I think that chick from Canada / I think she from the six / Yup I Uber everywhere, pre-rolls in the VIP, hey

~ Uber Everywhere (Artist: Made in TYO)


A bold move may be in play my Uber but I'm not mad at them. Many people have been saying the food delivery business is treacherous territory. I actually agree. The deals are so good for delivery right now because of the high competition between GrubHub, DoorDash, UberEats, and others.  Many don't know they are losing tremendous amounts of cash to be the top dog in this space. But I like GrubHub's position as being the dominant player in the industry. As a serial acquirer, they were taking the competition out one by one --- buying them up and essentially putting them out of business. Uber is a competitor in this space and it appears they have had enough. Logged in to my account to see my GrubHub position up fairly big. Why? --- because Uber wants to hook up in a major way.

The stock was halted pending news:


Here you'll see my position from the beginning of the year, an options contract. I listened to the CEO Matt Maloney back in January and it sounded like the company would be evaluating their options of buying or being acquired. 


I'm hoping these two hook-up, nothing is certain until they say I do but this would be a small win for my portfolio but I don't my letting go of that young flashy player on my roster that caused me some heartburn at the beginning of the year. Let's see if it works out.

Full Disclosure: I own option contract(s) in GrubHub from back in January 2020 (see above). Also another disclosure the artist above pronounces his name Make in Tokyo skrr skrr 🚗🚗

No comments: