Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Monday, February 09, 2009

Twist And Shout...

The reason why I call this post twist and shout is because I am definitely about to throw my readers for a twist. The twist goes a little something like this:

I have recommended since last September/October that we MOVE all of our positions into Cash, and Cash-like assets (Treasurys,etc). And I mentioned we would hold those positions until we hit a relevant level that may help form a bottom. At this point, with the new Treasury secretary (Tim Geithner) delivering his plan for the banks TOMORROW...AND the Senate finalizing the vote on the stimulus plan TODAY I am under the assumption, that any hint of news (as minimal as it might be), may cause the market to start rallying in anticipation of both announcements. I would increase your exposure to the market however incrementally. At this point no more that MAYBE 25% of your CASH position should be used to take advantage of this situation.

Now here is the TWIST, I am resigned to say that we are purely taking advantage of what will probably go down as a BEAR MARKET RALLY. This simply means that there are pockets, during an economic downturn where the markets need a breather and goes in the opposite direction. And that direction would be UP.

But this will be short-lived and the hard part to determine is how long this BEAR MARKET RALLY will last. I will go out on a limb and say it the market top 9000 to head for the hills as I believe that it will be trading in a range for a long time. I know I continue to deliver news that you may not want to hear but I believe that once we hit those levels the markets will continue to decline until critical things are addressed such as unemployment, foreclosure, and failing banks.

No comments: