Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Reality Show...

Now I am no longer a huge fan of the reality television craze as I often pass on keeping up with American Idol, Survivors, Big Brother, The Biggest Loser, The Real World, College Hill or any of the dance shows. However, I am a fan on a new economic reality show that I may personally star in. In true “reality tv” form, it would be all about me and the focus would be to prove or disprove my theory that there is definitely a need for a stimulus bill.

Logic:
My logic was included in a recent post written here at Urbanomics that describes the need for an economic stimulus bill and how it can and should be crafted to help those that can stimulate the economy the fastest. My version of a bill would evaluate most Americans based on different scenarios and the respond to their needs within the bill, accordingly. I have attached a link to the post that described a number of scenarios that are playing out across American households across the US:

http://urbanomics.blogspot.com/2009/02/stimulating-economy.html

Concept:
The scenario that I most represent is: SCENARIO #4

“4. An employed young man is not going to the bar, eating out, or vacationing”
Note: I haven't shaken my weekend bar trips!

My goal is to create a series of posts that will evaluate whether there are provisions (i.e., goodies) in the bill that impact me and also help stimulate the economy. I will document the provisions that affect me and if they really work in the end!

No comments: