Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

$700 Billion - Wall Street Hits the Jackpot

Yeah Baby!!! That's what I always imagined I would scream if I hit the jackpot in Vegas or if I won the lottery and now that is what Wall Street is screaming. $700 Billion is the amount that Wall Street is looking to claim for their winnings. Now they won't call it winnings but let's try to look at how this situation looks from my perspective. I have sat back, trying to not judge how the situation is being handled and I just want to determine what this means for me as an investor.



As an investor, the first thing that I would say is that a $700B move like this tells me that the Henry Paulson, head of the Treasury department is serious about this issue. It would signal that he believes that liquidity is drying up for financial insitutions and this bailout package allows them to right their balance sheets. My next observation is that if these companies are allowed to remove these toxic assets from their balance sheets they will see a few quarters where these assets will need to be marked down...if Mark to Market Accounting still exists and then they would have sparkling balance sheets with no direction to go but up. This leads to my next conclusion that the best investment for the short term will be the Financial Sector and you will see that through an addition to my STOCK TRACKER PORTFOLIO through the exchange traded fund, UYG.

Since I wrote this post much has changed and I will write from the prespective of Main Street, however this was written from the view of what this bill means to me as an investor.

No comments: