Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am Investor

Now I am no Will Smith in I Am Legend, but by being one of the few non-believers of the rapid rise of the real estate market I often felt like I stood alone. This was often documented here at Urbanomics and my lone bad investment that reminded me to always stick to my judgement was in New Century Financial. So is being Legend easy, actually yes just pick up the Wall Street Journal. Yesterday's paper confirmed my recent post about INFLATION, which continues its rise and has reached its highest level in 27 years.

Next, we discussed Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and their sharp decline. Freddie recently auctioned more of its debt as rumors continue to swirl about a possible government bailout. If the government steps in to bail out shares at very low prices current investors could basically be left with nothing.

Oil & Gas has rebounded today and saw gains of roughly 5%. This is largely due to the disruptions between Russia and Georgia. Our position in natural gas pipelines should fare well during these times.

The last point I will discuss is one that I believe will continue to play out in the retail sector. I believe that a number of the retailers benefitted from the economic stimulus plan and many had really good quarters. I have already highlighted retailer, Big Lots, who I think like Wal-Mart benefitted from this factor. Notice that Wal-Mart noted that they see future weakness and Target also see declines. I will closely watch the retailers and look to short players like Big Lots when they rebound and closely reach their 52 week high.

No comments: