Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, August 08, 2008

Automated Trades

Auto-mato used to call me Fatso, now they call me Brasco. And if you don't recognize that line, I'm sorry you are up on your Notorious BIG or Biggie history. Step ya game up!!! Well after a strong week I wanted to give you a quick update and I closed my position in Brooks Automation (BRKS). I recommended this stock just around two weeks ago and we had the opportunity to lock in about 8-10% in gains!!! I am not a pig, because pigs get slaughtered so I took the gains and ran. BRKS reported lower earnings but again in the mysterious world of earnings season the steet must have seen the turnaround potential in this stock.

This was a great test for me because I have laid down ground rules for trading and although very difficult I must learn to stick to these rules. Over time I will share these with you but for starters, I have some simple rules like taking profits in a position that quickly gained 5% in less than a week and 10% in less than a month in stocks that don't represent my core positions.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the OLYMPICS!!!

No comments: