Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stock Update

As you recall from the last edition of Ballin' On Wall Street, I gave you a list of stocks to follow lets see how well we are doing so far.

To further test my theory, I have entered a "simulator" contest at: www.zacks.com and you can follow my stock progress under the handle: JGOTTI.
As of 1/06 on Zacks.com's simulator: I have added the following positions to my account:
Clayton Williams Energy CWEI Buy @ 42
Chesapeake Energy CHK Buy @ 32

I will also watch Pegasus Wireless @ around 10, Cost Plus around 16.25, Bally's around 6.7 and Enbride Energy in the 40s. Again from the research that I have performed, it appears that the Energy sector is heating up again. This assumption my actually have some teeth because recently Russia's natural gas pipeline shutdown is responsible for providing over 25% of Europe's gas. Simply from a suppply and demand standpoint I believe that stocks in this area may rise.

Get the inside story


Here is the latest portfolio update...not bad for a few weeks:
Affordable Residential Communities Inc. $9.00 $9.69 7.67%
Alico Inc. (ALCO) $46.07 $44.96 -2.41%
Baker Hughes Inc. (BHI) $62.67 $63.93 2.01%
Brookfield Homes Corp. (BHS) $50.30 $50.61 0.62%
DCP MIDSTREAM LP (DPM) $24.00 $24.05 0.21%
Dillard's Inc. (DDS) $24.40 $25.38 4.02%
Heartland Payment Systems Inc. (HPY) $22.60 $21.88 -3.19%
Knology, Inc. (KNOL) $3.14 $3.75 19.43%
Kearny Financial Corp. (KRNY) $12.69 $12.31 -2.99%
Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) $54.47 $57.36 5.31%

Current Return 3.07%


2 comments:

-TP- said...

How you feel about BERKSHIRE (BRK.B).
I'm a fan a Jubak's Journal and I caught him talking about it. Besides the amount of money you would have to invest how does your model stack against it?

The Oracle of Hyde Park said...

Well Berkshire is definitely a great stock b/c it has a great investor/leader behind the company...Warren Buffett. I checked recently and BRK is a tough company b/c it buys a number of other large companies. Familiar holdings include Coke, Gillete, American Express, Petro China and the list goes on. I would recommend holding on a company like BRK if...and thats a big IF there is a pull back in the stock. A better strategy would be to mirror the buying patterns of the great Warren Buffett b/c I think there are better growth opportunities there. For instance, my strategy clued me into Anheuser Busch (BUD) right before Buffet made a large purchase of this company. Watch Buffett and see who is on his radar.