Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Saturday, April 03, 2021

Subscriber Update: W.R. Grace (GRA) Going Up | Prism - Colorful Leadership | Know Your Worth

 

Investing In Yourself – Using Pillars to Build Your Core
Setting Budgets + Saving for Black Swans


How to Open My First Brokerage Account

Diversify your Life (Mind, Body, Soul, + Investments)

HOW TO SEARCH MY BLOG:
                             

                       
Get Updates to Your Email When I Create A New Post:





Coming soon is a post on Health -- The Body. You have to invest in and know the data about your body. Like many people of color, I get nervous about hospitals and doctors. Thanks to my corporate job, I was exposed to annual exams and blood tests. Unfortunately, when I made the shift to being an entrepreneur I didn't keep up with my annual exams. And it may be costing me...stay tuned for a future post on Health and how that impacts your Wealth. 

Also Coming Soon - a series on #HowtoInvest. People have been reaching especially after the spikes in Gamestop, AMC, and other stock to learn the basics. I self taught myself how to invest beginning at the age of roughly 18 and have never stopped. To be a good investor and ensure you are not gambling (speculating), I'll cover (hardest parts of investing in RED):

Budgeting 101 - How to Fund Ur Investments?
Why Stocks as an Investment?
What is Ur Investment Profile + Personality?
How to Pick Stocks?
When to Buy Stocks?
How to Enter My Trade?
How Many Stocks Should I Own?
When to Sell Stocks?
Am I Speculating (Gambling)?

Subscriber Alert - W.R. GRACE Update

All the way Up!!! 

Google's data analytics is scary. If I mention, write, research, or track a stock I find news updates every now and then in my Google feed related to stocks I own. Being a cyber guy it gives me the creeps, but when I do get news I can use...I'm less grumpy. This update popped up in my feed:


The price for a company I JUST did a reveal on to my subscribers has gone up. W.R. Grace & Co. has someone trying to slide into the DM and they just won't go away. 40 North Management LLC raised its offer to hook up with W.R. Grace & Co. to $70 per share in cash. When I bought and posted about this company it was in the mid $50s. Please don't hate, participate and sign up.

Here was that article where I "revealed" my W.R. Grace Co trade and even showed you my actual purchase transaction in my stock account: No Hail Mary Needed - WR Grace

We bought in November 2020 and based on this deal price we just made $15 for every share we own. If you're not good in math: 100 shares x 15 = $1500 and I'm sure you get the point if you own 200, 300, shares.

Time to find another stock to trade. 

Prism

1) Are we "Including" Underrepresented Groups 
Why I'm Reading: I am proud to see Corporate America's push towards increasing the numbers and roles of women in Corporate America. They make up 55% of the population, and I'm a firm believer of no taxation without representation. However, I also implore Corporate America to DIVERSIFY this mission and truly expand this all underrepresented classes. Being in a position where I negotiate deals with corporate employers, I chose not to accept a deal because a local company had no (I mean zero) people of color represented on their board. I applauded the fact they had 4 white women on their board but I was shocked when they were touting their board diversity...and I didn't see what diversity meant to me. Let's not get technical here...I shouldn't have to change terms and ask for their board to also be more "inclusive" to have minority and age representation. At some point, corporations and boards will need to have diversity across gender, race, and age to truly represent the values this country is trying to live up to. 

I'm reading this article because it is about Ms. Mellody Hobson the only African-American chairperson to lead a board of directors among S&P 500 companies (a listing of 500 US blue chip companies). It also celebrates Rosalind Brewer who was recently named the chief executive officer of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. Congrats to these two and keep doing big things.  Quite simply, my question is why only 1?

Side Hustle 101 - Know Your Worth

1) Paying College Players Their Worth 
Why I'm Reading: I have been a huge advocate of people knowing their worth. Educate yourself, provide a service to the community, and ask for the appropriate compensation for your time...unless your volunteering. People from all backgrounds have rebutted my argument to pay college players over the years. To quiet the crowd, I ask why can teenage tennis players get paid for their play (see player and age in brackets): Martina Hingis (age: 12); Coco Gauff (age: 15) or golf players can get paid as long as they qualify for the respective golf tournament, even baseball players can go professional right after high school. Only FINALLY, is the world rallying around a stance I've taken for over a decade. Pay the damn players and allow them to make money and be compensated off their image. This means if I play college sports and you sell a jersey with my name and number...I get paid. As a former High School Athlete of the Year, I was blessed to have a choice to go to college on a sports or academic scholarship. Being a math guy, I may have miscalculated but I knew that only 3% of all athletes ever go pro. I loved playing football and crashing into each other...but I also loved my health and realized I was going to be successful at whatever I did. I'm reading this article because if further proves that college athletes should be paid, are not treated fairly, need to understand their worth, and are being taken advantage of because they are black and brown in the big money earning sports. THIS IS FREE LABOR...and I don't play that. If a young athlete gets injured their value diminishes immediately and most aren't going to school to focus on academics...they are there to make money for the program. Keep it real and pay them.


2) Negotiate Your Own Deal "Own Your Masters"
I've also big a big fan of "owning your own masters". The second link is a partnership people Apple and UnitedMasters that is trying to help musicians do just that. If you don't understand your contract don't sign it. Cut out the middle man and you'll be surprised how much you bring in. I use this rule when investing and it's treated me well.

No comments: