Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Thursday, July 31, 2008

URB Recommendations - July 31

Brooks Automation (BRKS) - As you know my screens often gravitate me towards down and out of favor stocks on Wall Street and the latest is no exception. From what I have researched BRKS was in deep doo doo. Yep you heard me they messed up and the Securities Exchange Commission got in that azz and began a probe. It ended in a settlement and as usual no disclosure of wrong doing needed to be made. With this stock trading close to a 52 week low, I see this a catalyst that the worst may be behind Brooks. Remind me to review the recent quarterly reports and new releases to confirm this but I did take away that the settlement will not be applied to the earnings which is great news for new investors. I got an early jump but this may be a great stock to pick up around the lows.

Recommendation ~ I am adding this stock to my portfolio and stock tracker

Enterprise Product Partners (EPD), Enterprise Energy Transfer Entity (ETE), and Enterprise GP Holdings (EPE) - These are natural gas plays and I like them at these levels. I don't think there is a big catalyst here with natural gas declining but you have two things in your favor. EPD is an infrastructure play and as energy continues to be expensive pipelines will be needed to move gas around the country and the world. Second I have learned the super importance of dividend stocks which limit the downside risk.

Update ~ I own EPD, and have added EPD and ETE to the tracker

Stocks I am watching like a hawk:

Home Inc (MOVE) ~ I love at the 52 week low @ 2.06
Asset Acceptance Corporation (AACC) ~ I love around the lows of 9.41
Medcath (MDTH) ~ I love at the levels of 18
Avid Technology (AVID) ~ Watch this one closely
Electro Scientific (ESIO) ~ I am holding out for below 14!
Rick's Cabaret (RICK) ~ I will keep you posted this one has been moving lower
Big Lots (BIG) I AM SHORTING THIS BAD BOY @ AROUND $31;
AK Steel (AKS) ~ I hope you got this when it dipped into the 40s if not it has skyrocketed again into the 60s

No comments: