Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Space Age Pimpin' - Space Age Portfolio

Ok folks time to get your portfolio Space Age Pimpin', well into the next few decades. What does this mean? By following the Space Age Portfolio, readers here at Urbanomics will finally be able to buy stock they are looking to hold long term. As most of you know I am your favorite Urban Economist and that's why you see my boys Eightball and MJG here ->




They were early pioneers in the rap game and I am pioneering the stock investment game with a little bit of Urban flavor. Yeah, I know that my boy Jim Cramer and the guys at Fast Money are pretty cool but they got nothin' on me. My strategy is like my basketball game...very versatile. I generally look for undervalued stocks that will experience some type of near term catalyst that will catapult the stock into a great momentum trade and turnaround story. Want proof, follow my recommendations that have been posted: MMS, CLCT, MOBE, each purchased in the last 6 months with returns over 25%. Need more, I own 2 stocks that will like be bought out this year after merger talks are over: Sallie Mae (SLM) & Cytyc (CYTC). But on to what you want to hear. What about the stocks that will have your back for the long term.

Here goes, the goal of this portfolio will be to pick stocks across a diverse group of industries, that are best in class, and have the opportunity for both price appreciation and income potential. Let's start with my favorite industry so far, OIL. With this group I have to go with ConocoPhillips...yes I am

piggybacking their most recent upgrade by Bank of America and it does hurt that they just disclosed a stock buyback program of roughly 15billion.

ConocoPhillips (COP)


Next, I am going out to one of my long term income potential plays. You will benefit because real estate stock is a REIT and those dividend payments can help grow our portfolio. GGP also operates in two segments retail and master planned communities. So you get retail, land owner, and landlord all in on. Real estate has taken a little bit of a beating so jump on board, now.




General Growth Properties (GGP)




No long write up for this one, because I've already told you why to own it but add this retail player to your portfolio.


Best Buy (BBY)

Wrap up your portfolio with exposure to Utilities. Why?...Because it is too damn hot outside. Man and with this heat wave out there what is every one doing at home turning up the Air Conditioner. And when the A/C goes on, the utility man gets PAID. Ka-Ching. So load up with this exchange traded fund (ETF):



XLU








No comments: