Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, August 04, 2023

IT GOES DOWN IN THE DM - Avid Technology (NASDAQ:AVID)

 

IT GOES DOWN IN THE DM - Avid Technology (NASDAQ:AVID) 


I usually hate that technology is always watching or should I say listening to what you're doing. In a recent episode of "Billions", they were covering the subject of wire taps. There were strict rules of what you could listen to and where you could listen. The bedroom was off limits and also if a lawyer was present ---listening is a no-no. 

Things that may you go hmmm --- we have strict rules for wiretaps but not for the proliferation of devices listening to people all day in their homes and in their bedrooms.

But it's Friday, I'm not gonna be too cranky because there is the occasional positive use case of computers watching our every move. OCCASIONALLY, they add something to my feed that I really find of use. That happened last night, I believe. In my feed was Reuters story about it reminded me that "Investors never sleep". So, as I was in bed, I took screenshots of the article so I could evaluate trades the next morning. I hope you're listening -- the Early Bird Gets the Worm.

Here were some of those details:

2 companies, Symphony Technology Group & Francisco Partners, just jumped in the Direct Messages (DMs) of and Avid Technology (NASDAQ:AVID). You chose the analogy but I liken it to:

- 2 sports teams looking to sign a player on the market

- 2 people looking to date the same person

- 2 people haggling over the same car

What this means is "usually" the price is going to go up until someone walks away. Time for me to quote Fat Joe:

#yesterdayspriceisnottodaysprice

This is one way I keep investing, simple straightforward and fun. Now the harder part is at what price point and how do you setup the trade? The funny thing is MANY years ago I traded Avid but I don't think it was profitable, I'll need to go back and read my own blog this weekend to see. Peace out its Friday!

QUOTE PRICE:



No comments: