Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Saturday, March 13, 2021

When to Buy Stock | Prism - What Would U Do? | Tech + Finance | Music 2 My Ears

 

Investing In Yourself – Using Pillars to Build Your Core
Setting Budgets + Saving for Black Swans


How to Open My First Brokerage Account

Diversify your Life (Mind, Body, Soul, + Investments)

HOW TO SEARCH MY BLOG:
                             

                       
Get Updates to Your Email When I Create A New Post:





Coming soon is a post on Health -- The Body. You have to invest and know the data about your body. Like many people of color, I get nervous about hospitals and doctors. Thanks to my corporate job, I was exposed to annual exams and blood tests. Unfortunately, when I made the shift to being an entrepreneur I didn't keep up with my annual exams. And it may be costing me...stay tune for a future post on Health and how that impacts your Wealth. 

Also Coming Soon - a series on #HowtoInvest. People have been reaching especially after the spikes in Gamestop, AMC, and other stock to learn the basics. I self taught myself how to invest beginning at the age of roughly 18 and have never stopped. To be a good investor and ensure you are not gambling (speculating), I'll cover (hardest parts of investing in RED):

Budgeting 101 - How to Fund Ur Investments?
Why Stocks as an Investment?
What is Ur Investment Profile + Personality?
How to Pick Stocks?
When to Buy Stocks?
How to Enter My Trade?
How Many Stocks Should I Own?
When to Sell Stocks?
Am I Speculating (Gambling)?

When to Buy A Stock

Enough talking -- pictures and videos are worth a thousand words, so I plan to move into the digital age here soon. I'm an old soul in a millennial body with a 9-5 job and a side hustle empowering underrepresented groups to find employment in the technology field (and it's cash flowing almost better than my 9-5 job!). Oh by the way, I own real estate (with tenants) and trying to grow that portfolio. So be patient as I plan to do a video series that will help you invest in yourself and #getthebag. My best asset class is my stock portfolio and yes, it allowed me to semi-retire at 37. I've documented how I've done it here on my blog (mistakes and all) for the last 15+ years. Don't believe people that say it's easy --- Trust But Verify. If they are NOT teaching you how to do it yourself --- Then You Are The Product. #facts

Leading up to my video series, which you've been asking for, here is an example of how I hunt for stocks. Sometimes I rely on my network of friends in my #MansaMusa network. They've helped me build my mini empire and I appreciate all of them as they've support me in different ways. When I got started I had a few #whentobuy rules. So today I'm sharing Rule #2 - Follow Da Leader | Whale Watch | Griot Rule.  When I first started I read so many books from my mentor Warren Buffett...we just clicked personality wise. So it took me awhile to ease away from Rule #1 but after reading and reading about Warren I understood I had a job and could never dedicated as much time as he did to investing. So instead I incorporated Rule #2 of investing is assets to my stock game. Like in Africa, we place our elders in high regard, so my Griot Rule is to follow leaders that have dedicated their lives to investing. My Grade A college degree helped me realize that mathematically I'm not going to follow just anybody...I want to follow those leaders that have outperformed over time. Wall Street calls these people "Whales", I like to call then Griots. I've gotten so good at learning from these leaders over time that I've sometimes made an investment and come to find --- they made the same investment AFTER I did. Yes vindicating, but it shows me their is enough to grow the pie for everyone. I am not competing with Warren or the other leaders...we are planting seeds together.  Here are 3 Griots, I've learned to trust very much over time and hold in high regard:

Learning From Warren Buffett (Street Cred: #ABilliSquad Member, Net Worth: $100B, Patient, Philantropist, Teacher)Shareholder Letters (berkshirehathaway.com) - This link is to his shareholder letters, which teach you about life, investing, and stocks he buying.

Learning From Ray Dalio (Street Cred: #ABilliSquad Member, Net Worth: $20B, Hedge Fund Worth: $140B, Brutal Honesty, Teacher) : Top 3 Investments: ABBVIE (Ticker: ABBV); BlackRock (Ticker: BLK); Linde PLC (Ticker: LIN) - If you've not read Ray's work on Principles...please do. I to am brutally honest and Ray was a shining force for me NOT to change. Here are his top 3 investments.

Learning From Michael Blurry (Street Cred: Net Worth: $300M, Contrarian Views, Brutal Honesty, Wants People to Do the Right Thing NOW Inc. (NYSE:DNOW); Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC); GEO Group (NYSE:GEO); Molson Coors Beverage Co. (NYSE:TAP); CoreCivic Inc. (NYSE:CXW); HollyFrontier Corp. (NYSE:HFC); and he owned GameStop (NYSE:GME) before Ryan Cohen and I jumped in. - If you remember, I unfortunately called the beginnings of the Financial Crisis in this 2006 article: URBANOMICS: Huff, Puff, & Blow the houses down. Now fast forward to one of my favorite movies: "The Biggest Short". I, in my mid 20s didn't know how to invest in assets (housing) that I believed was going to fall hard from being overpriced --- guess who made hundreds of millions because he did -- Michael Blurry. My only solace was I bought my first property during the crisis at a steep steep discount.

Learning from a Griot is the way we've always done it. Elders have been there and done that. I then research on my on and try to understand why and make a decision for myself if I agree and should I invest. Remember my #LexusMentality - take the best from others especially when its not your main hustle.


Tech + Finance

1) Main Street America is "cashing out" or cashing in on their homes at the highest rates since the 2008 Financial Crisis.  
Why I'm Reading: I like to look at trends and I'm not a fan of debt so we'll see how this plays out. It didn't end well before and history has a strange way of repeating itself.


2) 3D Printing Homes of the Future
Why I'm Watching: Game changing trends of the future make for great investments and help the culture. I see affordable housing for the masses??


Prism

Why I'm Reading: For those that don't believe many of us face racism or unconscious bias on a daily basis need to read this story. I am a shareholder of Tegna Inc (NYSE: TGNA) stock and found this in my news feed. Read this story about Adonis Hoffman and then tell me --- What Would U Do?


Music 2 My Ears

Why I'm Reading: I like to dig for new artists like I do for stocks. The hard thing with Freddie Gibbs is deciding if he's new or at 39 just finally get his dues. Amazing story of one man's struggle to get to the top.

No comments: