Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Monday, March 09, 2009

My Reality Show: Pt. 2 First Pick in The Stimulus Bill Draft

I have decided to announce my first pick in the economic stimulus bill draft! After reviewing the contents of the bill, I realized the Obama administration did some things right in crafting the stimulus bill. For me, there is a provision in the stimulus bill that has the upside of a Lebron James. Yup, there is some first round potential in the First Time Home Buyer Credit. A close second, my Chris Paul pick, was the Higher Education Tax Credit. I tip my hat to the administration because the bill provides just enough incentives for me to help do my part and stimulate the economy. Although I would have loved to take advantage of the original amount, I am glad that $8000 in credits will be available to assist me in possibly buying a place in the expensive city of Chicago. I was surprised after rereading my own post that I had missed the provision on going back to college and the assistance that is provided there. So we'll see but after I get a place...maybe I'll start studying for the GMAT. Now I will likely miss the 2009 credit but I could take advantage of the 2010 credits.

No comments: