Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Best Performing Stocks

Patience is something that cannot be taught. And as I have evaluated some of the best performing stocks of this year so far, I am pleased to note that one of our recommendations comes in on all the lists with big returns this year. It is Clayton Williams Energy Inc (CWEI). This stock has been with us so long that if patience is your weakness it would have been exposed. If you gave up on this stock that was in a sector we have constantly talked about week after week you would have taken part in these great gains. Need more proof check out these:

Urbanomics post on Clayton Williams, and other energy plays...notice the date of the article and the message from 2 years ago to stick with Energy stocks, Clayton Williams and Weatherford, and Chesapeake Energy.

http://urbanomics.blogspot.com/2006/04/portfolio-alert-ballin-of-wall-street.html
http://urbanomics.blogspot.com/2006/01/stock-update.html

Motley Fool's take on this year's top stocks:
http://www.fool.com/investing/small-cap/2008/04/17/the-years-top-stock.aspx

Seeking Alpha's write-up on top stocks:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/75107-another-month-of-08-in-the-books

I like to note that a few of my friends are making great recommendations at this point and one of their stocks is actually topping the list. This stock is Finish Line (FINL) and what I love about this stock is that we were 100% on the money with our analysis. Now I did not buy into this stock but my recommendation was to wait for the legal proceedings from the Genesco trail to end and look to accumulate this stock in the event that the judge allows Finish Line to walk away from its original deal to acquire Genesco. I didn't like the potential acquisition and it looks like the street agreed with me. Also I would like to point out that another one of my friends has been enjoying an incredicble ride with the credit card network processors Mastercard (MA) and Visa (V). Again, I do not own shares here but I think these are great plays due to the fact that the networks don't have exposure to customers with deteriorating credit concerns like the big credit card issuers do (Bank of America, Capital One, Citigroup)...they just run the transactions back and forth.

No comments: