Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Hunting in Packs - Sam Biglari -- El Pollo Loco (LOCO)

I have had quite a busy year. I've not invested heavily this year because I was concerned about the increase in inflation and the impact to stocks. I think my thesis has generally been correct, but November is trying to upend this trend. What's important about November? Well, this past month aligns with the Federal Reserve signaling they will halt increases in interest rates. This usually bodes well for stocks. So, it may be time to slowly start reinvesting the funds I moved to boring old cash. But some smart money folks in my Mansa Musa Network still are calling for a recession in 2024 or 2025. So, I'll come back to this subject soon but for now I'm TRYING to be a bit cautious with my trades by being less active. The strange thing about investing is that it takes patience. Because I've been busy, I recently learned that a trade that I researched back in August 2023 just filled. How is this possible? Well, I use a strategy that will only execute a stock trade IF my terms are met. I hope this sounds familiar as I often write about navigating through life and trying to ensure that you do things the right way and on your own terms.

Now there is no need to babble any further about what the trade is the trade I found out was recently executed and I only realized it because it was sitting in my inbox "unread".

Hunting in Packs - Sam Biglari -- El Pollo Loco (LOCO)

I got a great hit in my feed about an investor, named Sam Biglari, who is in my Mansa Musa network. I've never hunted for stocks with him, but I've read about the brother as I learned he had a significant impact over Steak 'n Shake. Now Steak 'n Shake is never at the top of my radar and that could have been a reason why Sam made investments into the company years back which was in a dire situation. I heard they turned a profit back in 2021 and much is likely attributed to shrewd moves that led to roughly 90 locations closing. As I wrote this I wondered if Steak 'n Shake was a franchise operator and just learned he is moving to that model as well as turning them into more of a fast-food restaurant to reduce the labor costs of dining in (which is what they were known for).

Sam's name was on my radar back in August when I read he was picking up a large stake in another restaurant chain El Pollo Loco. They say it goes down in the DM, and in stock trading Sam is definitely interested in LOCO. I believe he picked up enough shares in the company that would put his ownership stake at just north of owning 9% of the entire restaurant chain (see what I did their with "stake"). Based on his track record and the fact that he's putting a $33 million dollar investment in, I'd like to nibble here at the stock and trade along. Do I just jump in --- hell no. Like Flo Rida and T-Pain once rapped you gotta go Low Low Low Low, I like to build a margin in by betting on the lower side of where a stock has been trading. I did my research (usually by analyzing the stock's movement in the last year) and set a price I'd like to get in.

Call me crazy, or should I say LOCO, but let's see how our trade does. I like LOCO around the $8 level and for I'll enjoy hunting with Sam.

#HuntinPacks - designates investments I made alongside someone in my network
#MansaMusaMentality

No comments: