Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CLOSE POSITION - International Coal Group (ICO)

I have an announcement to make. My stock tracking portfolio will be closing its postion in International Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE: ICO).  This position netted roughly 258% over a one year period.

The reason why I'm closing the position is Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) has decided to acquire International Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE: ICO) for $14.60 per share. I have to admit that this deal was first announced on May 2, 2011 and since then ICO has hovered at a 52 week high of $14.52. With nothing else to gain, I will close the position in the portfolio.  Note: Your portfolio would hold this stock until the deal is completed and there would not be a need to sell the stock like I am in my tracking tool.
 
For timely updates and alerts, please choose to follow these posts in your inbox.

No comments: