Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Friday, February 05, 2010

You've Got Mail: Trade a Recall

I used to have a phrase that I would use when I felt like I was getting a good deal. I would say “Who Could Ask for Anything More……. Toyota”. This was the old tag line from old commercials that won me and millions of Americans over for this Japanese automaker. But my point for this simple post was to give an example of keeping your ear to the streets. After following the reports, this trade was easy to sniff out. I placed a NEGATIVE rating on Toyota Motors (TM) shares when the rumors came out that they were going to be halting production. Not only have they halted production but more rumors are coming out recalls and problems with their different models and car lines.

Stay tuned I have a post that I have been sitting on for awhile. Oddly enough it started with me thinking about the situation of interestingly large group of Americans who still have a job, can easily pay their bills, but happen to be underwater on their mortgages. Should you stay, should you go and what to do if you are in this situation…some say the moral thing, but I was wondering if there is another option. Stay tuned for Urbanomics 101 and my interesting take of how you should calculate your next move.

No comments: