Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Reality Show: Pt.3 Homebuying 101

The good thing is I've picked the provisions in the stimulus bill that seriously has me thinking about getting me off the coach and spending money again. Now the catch is will I put in the work to get the job done. But my next dilemma is trying to find a step by step help to determine how to buy a house...oops forgot I live in Chicago and should say a condo or townhome.

I hope my steps will will assist anyone who is a first time homebuyer looking for answers.

Step one in my Homebuyer 101 steps:

1. I definitely will be needing a mortgage and my to get me going down the right path I wanna make sure that my credit history is clean and clear. My first goal this past weekend was to search through my credit report and make sure that there isn't any surprises in there. The only strange issue I ran into was that some of my father's credit history was mixed with my but luckily he has been reliable when paying his bills. At this point, take the time to dispute anything on your credit reports that you believe shouldn't be there. I've heard that it's best to submit your disputes in writing but the internet has made it pretty easy to also dispute something online. Don't forget to look at ALL 3 reports from the major credit bureaus,
Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax...because when it comes to a mortgage most banks and brokers pull ALL 3 to get a feel a good feel of your credit history.

The best thing is our work is now easier as the government has passed a rule that allows you and I to have a FREE view of our credit history, once a year...and it can all be done at one website! Please note that there is the only one website that will allow you to do this for free and it is attached here: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

The others websites claim to offer this service but they come at price...so get it done for free.

No comments: