Stock Ticker

Stocks use a Ticker or an abbreviation to allow you to quickly find them. Facebook (Ticker: FB), Apple (Ticker: AAPL), Netflix (Ticker: NFLX), Alphabet (we know it as Google, Ticker: GOOG), Microsoft (Ticker: MSFT). Ticker Tape Provided by Macroaxis

Search URBANOMICS

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ballin' on Wall Street...Vol II

Time to do a little portfolio watching. I know a few of you may watch Mad Money with crazy Jim Cramer. Well here is my version of how to make a little dough. For a little bit of background to those of you that weren’t originally on my mailing list when I first developed my strategy I am sharing the secret sauce. Yeah, I am unleashing my picks and will track the performance of how well they do.
In regards to strategy, I use a purely quantitive model that allows me to pick stocks that I am not familiar with however meet my criteria statistically. After identifiying theses stocks I will also look to then identify current events that signal a trend. I have not decided the frequency as to which I will post and track these picks but I welcome you to follow along at home. Feel free to participate by making recommendations but also why you chose that particular stock.

Get the inside story
Here is December’s Christmas Wish List:

Affordable Residential Communities Inc. (ARC) $9.00
Alico Inc. (ALCO) $46.07
Baker Hughes Inc. (BHI) $62.67
Brookfield Homes Corp. (BHS) $ 50.30
DCP MIDSTREAM LP (DPM) $24.00 **Recent IPO, I’m still bullish on the energy sector…anyone see how cold it is outside
Dillard's Inc. (DDS) $24.40
Heartland Payment Systems Inc. (HPY) $22.60 * I like the name and it sounds like a solid business market
Knology, Inc. (KNOL) $3.14 **This is my small cap bet
Kearny Financial Corp. (KRNY) $12.69
Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) $ 54.47

Honorable Mention
Alloy Inc ALOY $7.14
Halliburton Co. (HAL) $66.96
Hormel Foods Corp. (HRL) $32.31

- My only analysis from the similarities are Real Estate and Real Estate Investment Trusts (BHS, ARC), HealthCare/Biotech (LLY, KNOL) and the Energy sector (DPM, HAL)appear to still slightly be in favor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are still bullish on energy you may want to look at Kinder Morgan, symbol KMI.

The Oracle of Hyde Park said...

I agree and am a fan of Kinder Morgan and other Master Limited Partnerships or MLPs. The high dividend yields make them very attractive. If inflation is kept at bay these will be great plays. Also watch TC Pipelines TCP and Northern Borders NBP.